Affogato Nice Cream
This simple yet delicious nice cream is perfect for dessert, an afternoon pick-me-up or even breakfast! For a banana-free nice cream option, you can swap out bananas for an additional 300 grams frozen coconut flesh. Or vice versa for a coconut-free option.
If you’re making this recipe for dessert we recommend adding a drizzle of chocolate and/or grated chocolate for a mocha-style affogato. So decadent!Serves 4
- Bananas, 3 (frozen)
- Fresh Coconut Flesh, 300g (Frozen)
- Vanilla Bean Powder or Essence, 3 tsp
- Medjool Dates, 2 pcs
- Himalaya Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Espresso, 2 shots
- Combine all ingredients (except coffee) in a high-power blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into a container and place in the freezer for approx. 30 minutes.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop into your favourite Coconut Bowls and pour over the coffee.
- Top with cacao nibs, hazelnuts, grated chocolate and/or coffee beans.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.