Berry Oatmeal Porridge
There’s nothing quite like a nourishing bowl of oats to warm your soul on a chilly morning! And we get it – oats can be boring. But these aren’t any old oats – this porridge is bursting with natural flavour, as the berry coulis adds a natural sweetness that perfectly complements the creamy peanut butter. A real melt-in-your-mouth breakfast that you’ll keep going back to!
- Raspeberries/Blueberries, 1 cup (frozen)
- Orange/Lemon Juice, 1/2 cup (freshly squeezed)
- Maple Syrup, 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract, 1/4 tsp
- Quick Oats, 1 cup
- Coconut Milk, 1 cup
- Coconut Water, 1 cup
- Mesquite, 1 tbsp (optional)
- Peanut Butter, 1 tbsp
- Maple Syrup, 2 tsp
- Cinnamon, 1 tsp
- Firstly, prepare coulis. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
Combine all ingredients for the oatmeal porridge in a saucepan and bring to a boil then reduce the heat to simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Transfer to your favorite Coconut Bowls and top with your raspberry and/or blueberry coulis, fresh berries, shredded coconut, peanut butter and/or maple syrup.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.