Chai Spiced Chia Pudding
RECIPE BY HELENA FROM THE DELICIOUS PLATE
We love a great hot chai tea in the morning. It's so great that you can incorporate chai tea flavours into your favourite desserts - like this chia pudding that's fantastic to have in the morning. Be sure to top this with your favourite granola and nut butter to make this even more delicious.
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) almond milk
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon and cardamom
- pinch of ground ginger, optional
- peanut butter and granola, for topping
- In a small sauce pan, place the almond milk and the spices and heat until it simmers. Take off the heat and add the tea bag. Let it sit for 10 mins.
- Remove the tea bag and stir in the chia seeds and maple syrup to taste.
- Stir well and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Stir again and place in the fridge overnight.
- Place in two jars or glass and serve with peanut butter or granola.
Helena loves cooking for her friend and her family. She strongly believes that good food brings everyone together. She cooks mostly vegetarian and vegan food.