Choco Orange Porridge
RECIPE BY NOURISHING AMY
Here's a creative way to sneak some veg into sweet meals! This Choco Orange Breakfast Bowl will surely satisfy your chocolate cravings as well as keep you full until lunch time.
- Oats, 40 g
- Courgette, 1/2 (grated)
- Almond Milk, 200-250 ml (you can use any kind of plant-based milk)
- Chocolate Protein Powder, 25 g ( or 1 tbsp cacao powder if you're not using protein powder)
- Vanilla Coconut Yogurt, 2 tbsp
- Orange Slices, as needed
- Cook the oats, courgette and milk in a saucepan until creamy and cooked through.
- Take off the heat and stir in your chocolate protein powder and vanilla coconut yogurt.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls and add in your favourite toppings. We recommend orange slices, nut butter and more chocolate!
- Feel free to add in some orange zest and orange juice when cooking the oats.
- If you don't have any protein powders on hand, you can just add 1 tbsp of cacao powder & a sweetener of your choice - to taste - for the sweetness and the chocolate flavour.
Amy is a plant-based food blogger, recipe developer and content creator who is passionate about health and wellbeing. On her blog and social media channels, she shares vibrant, easy and wholesome vegan recipes as well as inspirational messages. Eating and living the Nourishing Amy way is to be in tune with your body’s natural rhythm, to listen to its cravings and to treat each meal as a special occasion – to nourish you from the inside out.