Date and Pecan Nice Cream
This date and pecan nice cream tastes like dessert, but is so healthy you can eat it for breakfast.
We have used activated pecans for their great taste as well as their enhanced nutritional value. It is also delicious with activated walnuts!
This one does require a little pre planning is we blend the pecans, water and dates ahead of time to create ice cubes. This contributes to the delicious creamy ice cream-like texture and also makes the blend go further. If you’re short in time, skip this step and omit water.
- Activated Pecans, 1/2 cup
- Filtered Water, 1 cup
- Medjool Dates, 2 pcs
- Bananas, 4 (frozen)
- Plant-Based Protein Powder, 1 tbsp (optional)
- Combine pecans, water and dates in a high-power blender.
- Blend until smooth and then pour into an in ice-cube tray. Freeze overnight.
- Combine bananas, pecan-date ice cubes and protein powder in a blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into your favourite Coconut Bowls and add desired toppings.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.