Gingerbread Nice Cream
This gingerbread nice cream is the perfect breakfast or dessert for the festive season. We’ve added lots of delicious spices to create a chai-like flavour.
For the base of this nice cream blend we have used a combination of frozen bananas and frozen coconut flesh. If you don’t have coconut flesh, you can replace with an additional 2 bananas and vice versa.
We’ve topped with vegan gingerbread men dipped in dark chocolate which is optional, but highly recommended!
- Bananas, 2 (frozen)
- Coconut Flesh, 200 g
- Medjool Dates, 2
- Vanilla Protein Powder, 1 tbsp (optional)
- Ground Ginger, 2 tsp
- Cinnamon, 1 tsp
- Vanilla Bean Powder, 1/2 tsp (or vanilla extract)
- Ground Cardamom, 1/4 tsp
- Ground Nutmeg, 1/4 tsp
- Gingerbread Cookies, to serve (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a high-power blender, blend until smooth.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls and top with gingerbread men (optional), chocolate, coconut and/or cinnamon.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.