Vanilla and Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
This vanilla and chocolate smoothie bowl has become a regular in our household. The addition of cashew nuts contributes to the creamy texture however this is optional. We’ve also added superfood, mesquite powder - another optional yet recommend ingredient. As well as being a natural sweetener, mesquite is also packed with nutrients and minerals including protein, dietary fibre, calcium, magnesium, zinc and iron.
Serve these vanilla and chocolate smoothie bowl with our Coconut Bowls! Because everyone knows that everything tastes so much better with a Coconut Bowl!
- Bananas, 6 (frozen)
- Raw Cashews, 1/3 cup
- Mesquite Powder, 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Bean Powder, 1-2 tsp
- Cacao Powder, 3 tbsp
- Combine all ingredients (except cacao powder) in a high-power blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon approx. half the mixture into Coconut Bowls and then add cacao powder to the remaining mixture in the blender.
- Blend until cacao powder is mixed through.
- Serve into your favourite Coconut Bowls with the chocolate nice cream and add toppings. Enjoy!
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.