4-Ingredient Double Chocolate Cookie Dough Protein Truffles
RECIPE BY RUN2FOOD
These little bites are so decadent and chocolatey. It's a lovely dessert that you can have any time of the day.
- Black beans, 1 can (about 1 1/4 cup, drained)
- Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder, 2 scoops
- Cocoa Powder, 1 tbsp
- Water, 1/3 cup (or plant-milk for added creaminess)
- Vegan Chocolate, 100 g
- Maple Syrup, 1-2 tbsp (optional)
- In a food processor, blend the black beans until a smooth “hummus” like consistency.
- Add in the protein powder, cocoa powder and water and keeping blending until a thick cookie dough consistency. If you like it more chocolatey add more cocoa and if you prefer it sweeter add some liquid sweetener. *You may need to adjust the amount of water depending on the brand of protein powder you use. Try not to make it the mixture too wet otherwise it will be hard to work with.
- Chop up 25g of the chocolate into small chunks and stir it through the cookie dough
- Roll the cookie dough into 9 balls and freeze for 60 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 75g of chocolate and roll each ball in the chocolate to coat.
- Return to fridge for the chocolate to set.
- Please do not eat these out of the freezer as there is no added oil so the dough will become very hard! Keep these in the fridge so that the cookie dough centre remains soft.
- Storage tips: in an airtight container run the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for months, allowing to thaw at room temp for 5 mins before eating.
Michelle is a Dentist and vegan food blogger from Brisbane. She loves sharing simple & tasty vegan recipes via her Instagram platform @run2food. She has also created a website with an archive of all her recipes www.run2food.com . Michelle is on a mission to show that you can thrive off a plant-based diet.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Shop sustainably and in style with our reusable Taste Without Waste grocery tote bags, market bags and produce bags. Made with organic cotton, making them good for you, your produce and the planet. Ditching plastic and reducing waste has never looked and felt so good.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can rely on our lifetime product guarantee. If after following our care instructions* a Coconut Bowl that you've purchased from us ever cracks or breaks, we'll offer you a replacement for free.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.