Biscoff Twist Buns
RECIPE BY @veganbyeden
Move over cinnamon rolls! Here's a new recipe that will be loved by all ages. The fluffy buns, the sweet filling, the glistening glaze and the lovely aroma right after baking will have you head over heels.
makes 9 rolls
- Biscoff, 1/4 cup
- Icing Sugar, as needed
- Coconut Oil, 1 tsp
- YEAST MIXTURE
- Warm Water, 1 cup
- Brown Sugar, 1 tbsp
- Dry Yeast, 1 tsp
- Plain Flour, 3 cups
- Caster Sugar, 1/4 cup
- Salt, a pinch
- Vegan Butter, 2 tbsp (melted)
- Soy Milk, 1/4 cup
- In a small heat-proof bowl, combine the ingredients for the yeast. The water must be a little warm but not hot. Mix and let it sit for 15 mins to activate the yeast.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar and salt.
Mix the butter together with the milk in a separate bowl (the mixture should be warm but not hot). Pour this wet mixture and the yeast mixture into the dry mixture.
- Mix with your hands to form a soft dough. If it’s too sticky add a little extra flour. Knead until the dough is smooth.
Grease the bowl with a little oil and place your dough back inside. Cover with a towel or cling wrap and set aside in a warm spot for an hour or until it doubled in size.
- meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C.
Once doubled in size, transfer to a clean surface. Dust with a little flour and knead briefly for 1 minute. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a large flat rectangle.
Spread half of the biscoff evenly over the flat dough and sprinkle with icing sugar. Roll the dough to form a log and cut into 9 sections.
Grease the base of an oven-safe dish and place the rolls inside, leaving space between them to expand. Brush the tops/sides with melted butter and let it sit for a further 20-30 mins to rise more.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown. For the glaze, combine the remaining biscoff with coconut oil and melt in the microwave. Remove rolls from the oven and pour the biscoff glaze over the top.
- Serve warm in your Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
Eden loves creating delicious and simple plant-based recipes. She loves to show how easy and fun vegan living can be and hopes to inspire more people to have some fun in the kitchen and eat more plants.