Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
RECIPE BY @simplyleahboston
These little bites of delight are great to serve to your family. They will love the surprise filling in each bite and will definitely satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. It is healthy and guilt-free too, made with 100% natural, plant-based ingredients.
- Carrot, 2/3 (chopped or grated)
- Desiccated Coconut, 1 cup
- pecan Flour, 1 cup
- Medicinal Mushroom Blend, 1 tbsp (optional)
- Cinnamon, 1 tsp
- Gionger, 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric, 1/2 tsp
- Medjool Dates, 12 pcs (soaked)
- Maple Syrup, 1 tbsp
- Vanilla, 1 tsp
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Muesli, 2/3 cup
- Cashew Butter, 1/2 cup
- Add chopped carrots, desiccated coconut, pecan flour, medicinal mushrooms, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric to a high speed blender or food processor and pulse a few times to mix.
- Add medjool dates, maple syrup, vanilla, zest of one lemon to your blender or food processor and mix until you have a sticky, slightly chunky dough.
- Transfer dough to a large bowl and fold in muesli until well combined. Place mixture in the fridge and allow to chill for at least 30 min.
- Once batter is chilled separate into bite-size balls (about 1 tbsp), placing them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten each ball and place 1 tsp of cashew butter into the center and then fold dough over and roll into a ball.
- Coat in desiccated coconut and store in fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
Leah is a wellness enthusiast passionate about sharing her love of whole, plant based foods and mindful movement. Catch her creating sweet treats in her kitchen or teaching classes and workshops with her local studio partners through Zoom. To know more about Leah's recipes and offerings, please visit her through the links below: