Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Popsicles
RECIPE BY ALESSANDRA FROM @COCONUTANDCASHEWS
Say goodbye to store-bought ice cream popsicles, because you can now make your own at home. This decadent dessert is chocolatey and irresistible that it's hard to stop at one!
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 can coconut milk (using only the solid portion)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- a dash of himalayan salt
- CHOCOLATE LAYER
- 2/3 of the popsicle mixture
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- maple syrup, to taste
- homemade or storebought vegan dulce de leche
- nuts or seeds of choice
- Add the cashews to a small sauce pan and bring it to a boil, at low temperature, for 15-20 min. Remove from heat and set aside until it reaches room temperature.
- Add the cashews, the coconut milk (the solid portion only), the lemon juice, the maple syrup and the Hymalayan salt to a high speed blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour 1/3 the mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the cacao powder to the remaining coconut blend and continue to blend until combined. Add your maple syrup, if using!
- Layer the coconut and chocolate blends into the popsicle mold (using the coconut blend a bit more sparingly); adding a drizzle of dulce de leche and creating your magic.
- Add the wood sticks to the popsicles and Freeze for a min of 4 hrs or until firm.
- Once ready, remove from the Popsicle mold and add cashew and peanut crumble on top!
ALESSANDRA | @COCONUTANDCASHEWS
Why I transitioned to a plant-based, wholefoods lifestyle and became a Health Coach!
Eating more plants has become my way to show compassion to my own body and share this choice with others. Plants are nutrient power-houses providing us with fiber, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and so much goodness all around. My day to day lifestyle is supported by what I bring into my home, the foods you will find in my fridge, and my pantry, the ingredients I use when baking and and it is all about how it makes me feel.
These living foods, straight out of nature, are healing; they fuel and satisfy my needs.Once I found the motivation to keep on exploring more sustainable ways to live the plant based lifestyle, and especially seeing how it impacted my health, it was a no brainer. I fell in love. It’s about keeping myself accountable. It clearly became a journey, a true commitment. It’s basically a shift of your mindset.
This mindset is the vehicle in supporting others towards a transformational and sustainable healthier living.