Creamy Pumpkin Donuts
RECIPE BY KRISTINE BERGFELDE
Pumpkin pies. Pumpkin Lattes. Pumpkin Smoothies! We thought that's the limit to how many dishes we can incorporate pumpkin in! The genius Kristine here, is so imaginative and creative. Pumpkin Donuts with Creamy Pumpkin Icing, what more can you ask for a delicious fall dessert?
- All Purpose Flour, 280 g
- Icing Sugar, 50 g
- Baking Powder, 1 tsp
- Cinnamon, 1 tsp
- Curcumin Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg, 1/2 tsp
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Plant Milk, 120 ml
- Vegan Butter, 50 g (melted)
- Pumpkin Puree, 70 g
- Icing Sugar, 150 g
- Pumpkin Puree, 1 tbsp
- Plant Milk, 2 tbsp
- Curcumin Powder, 1/2 - 1 tsp
- Sprinkles or Confetti, to serve (optional)
- Mix all the dry ingredient in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Transfer your dry mixture into your wet mixture and mix until incorporated and a until a smooth dough forms.
- Heat a few inches of oil in a deep pan.
- Dust your palms with extra flour and take a few tablespoons of dough and form it into a shape of a donut.
- Repeat with the rest of the donuts while you fry a few pieces at a time.
- Flip the donuts once the bottom is golden brown and cook for a few more minutes until both sides are cooked.
- Transfer into a plate line with paper towels and let it cool down while you prepare the icing.
- For the icing, mix all ingredients together except the spirinkles (if using).
- The mixture should be smooth and a little bit runny.
- Adjust the consistency by adding more plant milk for a runnier icing or more icing sugar for a more thicker icing.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
My name is Kristine and I am a real foodie! By day you will find me working as a marketing professional but during my free time I enjoy creating colourful, healthy and delicious vegan eats. Most of the time you will find me in the kitchen snacking or making magic by experimenting with different ingredients. I love sharing my creations and recipes on my Instagram @kristine.bergfelde and Youtube channel so everyone can have a go or at least to make their mouths watery!
YouTube: Vegan Kristine