Homemade Twix Bars
RECIPE BY YASMIN FROM @VGNBITES_
This might be the best ever homemade dessert that you will ever make! Enjoy every bite of this gooey, melty twix bars and give yourself a pat in the back for a job well done! RECIPE BELOW!
- COOKIE LAYER
- Coconut Flour, 3/4 cup
- Almond Flour, 1 cupu
- Maple Syrup, 1/4 cup (sub any syrup that you prefer)
- Coconut Sugar, 1/2 cup
- Plant Milk, 1/2 cup
- SALTED CARAMEL
- Coconut Cream, 2 cups
- Coconut Sugar, 2 cups
- Sea Salt, a pinch
- CHOCOLATE COATING
- Dark Chocolate Chips, 2 cups
- Add your coconut flour, almond flour, and granulated sweetener of choice in bowl and mix well. Add the milk slowly and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Transfer the batter to the lined pan (9x9 inch) and refrigerate.
- Make the salted caramel by cooking the coconut cream with the coconut sugar for about 40 minutes over the stove on low heat until caramel is thick and stretchy, add a pinch of sea salt and turn of the heat. Let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Pour the caramel over the cookie bar nougat layer and place in the freezer until firm.
- Once the bars are firm, remove from pan and cut into 18 bars. Place back in the freezer again while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt your chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and using two forks, dip each bar in the melted chocolate until evenly covered. Place on a tray or plate lined with a parchment paper. Continue with the rest of the bars and refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls and dig in!
Vgnbites_ is all about healthy plant-based recipes that are easy to follow, tastes delicious and focuses on wholesome ingredients. Join Yasmin in her kitchen to make amazing smoothies and learn more about how to make healthy food choices.
YouTube Channel: Vgnbites