RECIPE BY YASMIN FROM @VGNBITES_
Granitas. They are very fun to make and to have on a warm day out in the sun. Wherever you are right now, bring some sunshine and sweetness into your day with this super simple recipe. We have a sugar-free version for this too!
- Fresh Lemon Juice, 2 cups (filtered to remove seeds and pulp)
- Water, 2 cups
- White Sugar, 300 g
- Boil water and pour in sugar. Cook until all sugar is melted. Set aside and let it cool down.
- In a baking sheet or cake pan, pour the sweet water and lemon juice together. Mix and cover.
- Store in the freezer for 25 minutes.
- Stir and scrape the mixture with a fork especially in the edges where it tends to freeze quicker. Make sure there are no large chunks of frozen granita left.
- Place back in the freezer for another 25 minutes and repeat Step 4.
- You should do this about 4-5 times until the mixture is coming together and looking more like a slushie.
- Scrape one last time and serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls. Garnish with a sprig of mint and more lemon slices. Enjoy!
- For sugar-free version, you can use 1/2 cup of powdered Erythritol or Swerve. Add more or less to taste. Be sure to taste the water before you freeze it.
- No need to boil the water when using sugar-free alternatives. Just make sure that the Erythritol is in powder form.
Vgnbites_ is all about healthy plant-based recipes that are easy to follow, tastes delicious and focuses on wholesome ingredients. Join Yasmin in her kitchen to make amazing smoothies and learn more about how to make healthy food choices.
YouTube Channel: Vgnbites