No-bake Lime Bars
RECIPE BY ANEMONE N FISCH
These lime bars are seriously addictive. They are sightly crumbly, chewy and tart. They are the perfect healthy treat in-between meals.
- Walnuts, 250 g
- Coconut Flakes, 100 g
- Dates, 215 g
- Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
- Salt, a pinch
- Splash of water
- TOP LAYER
- Cashews, 350 g
- Lime Juice, 120 ml
- Agave Syrup, 3 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract, 3 tsp
- Coconut Oil, 70 g
- Place cashews in a bowl of water and let soak overnight.
- Add walnuts, coconut flakes, dates, water and salt to a blender until you have a sticky mass.
- Press the crust into the pan, lined with baking paper.
- Drain the cashews and add to the blender. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add lime juice, agave syrup, vanilla extract and lime zest (optional).
- Blend until smooth, adding the coconut oil midway.
- Spread the smooth mixture on top of the crust and garnish with crushed pistachio and shredded coconut.
- Freeze for 3 hours or until set.
- Slice and serve in your favourite Coconut Bowl. Enjoy!
Jessi from @anemonenfisch loves to get to know new cultures, countries and people. Whenever work allows, she's on-the-go for the next adventure. She's a smoothie bowl adict and loves food, dance and travel.