Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
RECIPE BY SAMANTHA FRANCESCHINI
These bites are only needs five ingredients and five minutes to make. Undoubtedly delicious and nutrient-packed, its the perfect go-to afternoon snack or after-dinner dessert. They are gluten-free, vegan-friendly, refined sugar-free as well.
- Pitted Dates, 10 pcs
- Coconut Flour, 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin Puree, 1/2 cup (not pumpkin
- Pumpkin Spice, 1 tsp
- Sea Salt, 1 pinch
- Chocolate, as needed, (melted) *optional
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse until broken down.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until a dough-like consistency is achieved. It should be slightly sticky and easy to roll. If it's too sticky, add a tiny bit more flour or if it's too dry, add more pumpkin puree.
- Roll into balls and freeze for 10 minutes to let it set.
- After freezing, you can dip them in melted chocolate and let it set for 10 more minutes in the freezer.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
Samantha is a Clinical Nutritionist from the Jersey Shore. She holds a Masters of Science in Nutrition and Integrative Health from Maryland University of Integrative Health. Her passion for health and wellness inspired the creation of @nutritionbysam. She hopes that by sharing real food recipes/treats through @nutritionbysam can inspire others to change their lives while still eating the food that they love and enjoy.