Salted Caramel Chocolate Cups
RECIPE BY YASMIN FROM @VGNBITES_
We all love a decadent dessert that's so easy to make. Not to mention that it's also a healthier alternative to the usual candy that you can buy in the store! All you need are less than five ingredients, so get creating and impress your family and/or friends with your creation!
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Milk, 2 cups (full fat)
- Coconut Sugar, 2 cups
- Sea Salt, as needed
- Make the salted caramel by cooking the coconut milk with coconut sugar over a stove top for about 40 minutes until the mixture thickens. Sprinkle some sea salt and set aside to cool down.
- Line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Melt chocolate and pour half of it into your muffin pans. Chill or freeze for 5 minutes or until set.
- Pour in 1 tsp of caramel and freeze for another 5 minutes or until slightly hardened.
- Pour in the rest of your chocolate mixture on top until it covers the caramel. Sprinkle with some sea salt and chill or freeze for 5 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Serve immediately in your favourite Coconut Bowls or store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Vgnbites_ is all about healthy plant-based recipes that are easy to follow, tastes delicious and focuses on wholesome ingredients. Join Yasmin in her kitchen to make amazing smoothies and learn more about how to make healthy food choices.
YouTube Channel: Vgnbites