Salted Caramel Coconut Energy Balls
Recipe by @earthyandy
Let the saltiness of the ocean and the sweetness of island life brighten your day with these delicious bite sized delights! Complete this tropical recipe and serve these beauties in Earthy Andy's Aloha Bundle.
3 cups pitted Medjool dates
3 tablespoons filtered water
1 cup packed coconut sugar
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 cups organic crispy rice cereal (not puffed rice because it will affect the texture)
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, plus 1 to 2 cups extra for rolling
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Mince the dates into small pieces, until sticky. Add the water, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and minced dates to a large skillet. Stir constantly over medium-low heat until you have a paste and see small bubbles, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla and remove from the heat. Transfer the date mixture to a large bowl and set aside until it is cool enough to handle but still warm enough to mix and roll easily.
- Fold in the crispy rice cereal, the 1/2 cup shredded coconut, and salt. Spread the extra shredded coconut on a plate for rolling.
- With dampened hands, roll the mixture into 20 1-inch balls, then roll each one in the extra coconut to coat.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks, or enjoy straight away with friends and fam in your Earthy Andy Aloha Bundle!