Vegan Nutella Stuffed Giant Cookies
RECIPE BY YASMIN FROM @VGNBITES_
Level up your cookie game by making them as large as possile and stuffing them with homemade vegan nutella.Seriously, we're drooling already as we type this recipe in. Great job from Yasmin (@vgnbites_).
- Coconut Oil, 1/2 cup (not melted)
- Coconut Sugar, 1 1/4 cups
- Vanilla Extract, 2 tsp
- Coconut Milk, 1/4 cup
- Flour, 2 1/4 cups
- Baking Soda, 1 tsp
- Salt, 1 tsp
- Vegan Chocolate Chips, 2 cups
- Unsweetened Applesauce, 1/4 cup
- VEGAN NUTELLA
- Hazelnuts, 2 1/2 cup
- Vegan Dark Chocolate, 3/4 cup
- VEGAN NUTELLA
- Preheat your oven to 350°F or 176°C and roast your hazelnuts for about 10 minutes.
Keep an eye on them to make sure that they don’t burn. You know they are ready when it starts to smell amazingly nice and nutty.
- Place in a food processor and process until you have a smooth hazelnut butter. This can take up to 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the pan and carefully pour it into the food processor with the nut butter.
- Process for a few minutes until well blended.
Pour your Vegan Nutella in a glass and store in the fridge until use. It can last up to 5 days or more if stored in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 176°C.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop balls of the Vegan Nutella into a lined tray and place in the freezer for 4 hours or until hard and solid. You can do this the night before you make the cookies.
- Add all your cookie ingredients, except for the chocolate, and stir until thoroughly mixed. Add the chocolates last and stir through.
- Divide the cookie dough into balls using a medium-sized ice cream scoop. Flatten each cookie dough balls and place one frozen Vegan Nutella and wrap the cookie dough around it. Be sure to seal the dough so the Vegan Nutella won’t ooze out during baking. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let it cool down and serve with your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
- The cookies will be soft after baking. You can serve them the next day to give them enough time to harden slightly.
Vgnbites_ is all about healthy plant-based recipes that are easy to follow, tastes delicious and focuses on wholesome ingredients. Join Yasmin in her kitchen to make amazing smoothies and learn more about how to make healthy food choices.
YouTube Channel: Vgnbites