Bite-sized Party Pies
RECIPE BY VEGAN BY EDEN
These scrumptious little pies hides a creamy filling that you wouldn't be able to resist! It's flaky, savoury and slightly crunchy.
[MAKES 8 MINI PIES]
- Puff Pastry, 1 sheet
- Vegan Cheese, 1/2 cup (shredded)
- Baby Spinach, 1 cup (wilted)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil, 1 tbsp (for brushing)
- Sesame Seeds, as needed (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Add spinach to a pan and cook for 1-2 mins until wilted. Add to a bowl with the cheese, salt & pepper and mix together.
- For the pastry I used cookie cutters in 2 sizes - a larger size for the base & a smaller one for the top. Cut out the shapes & press into a muffin pan.
- Spoon the cheese & spinach mix into each pie base.
- Cover with the smaller cut out rounds of pastry and press edges down to seal. I used a knife to make a cut on top of each to release any air.
- Brush with the oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for about 15 mins until golden.
- Let them cool for 10 mins and then remove from muffin tray.
- Serve these in your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
Eden loves creating delicious and simple plant-based recipes. She loves to show how easy and fun vegan living can be and hopes to inspire more people to have some fun in the kitchen and eat more plants.