Caesar Salad with Crispy Mushrooms and Tofu
RECIPE BY VERENA FROM FREI STYLE
The caesar dressing tangy and full of flavour - the perfect pair for fresh and crisp lettuce. The crunchy mushrooms and tofu topping is irresistible.
- Plant-based Yogurt, 4 tbsp
- Tahini, 2 tbsp
- Vegan Parmesan, 1 block (about 2 inches or substitute nutritional yeast)
- Lemon, 1/2 (juiced)
- Mustard, 1 tsp
- Pickled Caper Berries, 5-7 pcs
- Caper Berry Brine, 1 tbsp
- Maple Syrup, 1 tsp
- Vegan Worcestershire Sauce, 1 tsp
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Pepper, a pinch
- Garlic Powder, 1-2 tsp (optional)
- CRISPY MUSHROOM AND TOFU
- Mushrooms, 100 g
- Tofu, 100 g
- Bread, 1 slice
- Starch, 2 tbsp
- Avocado Oil, 2 tbsp
- Balsamic Vinegar, 2 tbsp
- Soy Sauce, 2 tbsp
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic Powder,to taste
- Fresh Thyme, to taste
- Romaine Lettuce, 1 head
- Vegan Parmesan, to garnish
- Micro Greens
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth - season to taste.
- CRISPY MUSHROOMS AND TOFU
- Slice the mushrooms. Cut the bread and tofu into cubes. Mix all three in a bowl with the starch.
- Heat a pan with oil. Saute the tofu, bread and mushrooms and for 4-5 minutes. Deglaze with the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce.
- Fry for another 4-5 minutes while stirring until crispy. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and some fresh thyme.
- Chop the romaine lettuce, wash it and dry thoroughly. Mix with the dressing, add the topping and sprinkle with more vegan parmesan and micro greens.
Freistyle is a food, travel and lifestyle blog, where Verena shares her passion for healthy food and plant based recipes – but also pursuing my other passions like traveling with the family, styling and photography and living a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Shop sustainably and in style with our reusable Taste Without Waste grocery tote bags, market bags and produce bags. Made with organic cotton, making them good for you, your produce and the planet. Ditching plastic and reducing waste has never looked and felt so good.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can rely on our lifetime product guarantee. If after following our care instructions* a Coconut Bowl that you've purchased from us ever cracks or breaks, we'll offer you a replacement for free.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.