Creamy Beet Hummus
This recipe adds some delicious vibrancy to a classic rich and creamy hummus! Its colour will make it an instant eye-catcher amongst guests, and add some photogenic flavour to any dish. Serve it with veggies, crackers, as a snack, or spread it on a sandwich. It’s a great way to encourage kids to eat more plant-based – they’ll love it without even knowing what’s in it!
- Cooked Chickpeas, 1 can (about 1.5 cups)
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Lemon, 1/2 (juiced)
- Raw Beetroot, 1/2 cup (shredded)
- Tahini, 3 tbsp
- Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
- Water, 1/4 cup
- Salt, to taste
- Cook your chickpeas or drain & rinse them well.
- Shred 1/2 cup beetroot (about 1/2 a raw beetroot). Alternatively, you can use the pulp extracted from your juicer!
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor, let it work for at least 4 minutes ensuring a creamy & lump free result!
- That’s it! Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowl and sprinkle some sesame seeds for great presentation! Store in the fridge in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Amelie Balland @amelietahiti
Amelie is a vegan blogger and YouTuber from Tahiti but is not living in France. She calls her vegan transition a health, ethical and environmental awakening, and loves to share her heathy vegan lifestyle and passion for nutrition, fitness and helping others. Amelie is a travel enthusiast and loves anything active. Dance, surf, yoga, fitness, hiking, you name it!
Amelie's blog: https://www.amelietahiti.com/