Creamy Garlic Cashew Cauliflower Pasta
RECIPE BY DIANNE FROM @THEBEETDROP
This creamy sauce is reminiscent of an alfredo sauce, but is made from a base of cauliflower & cashews. It’s super satisfying and filling, and can be served over any vegetables, whole grains or noodles.
- cooked pasta of choice
- 2 cups cauliflower (cooked until soft via steaming)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight in the fridge or submerge in water and boil for 15 minutes)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup grated vegan parmesan, plus more for topping (you can use nutritional yeast)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk (add more or less as needed)
- fresh parsley
- fresh basil
- halved cherry tomatoes
- Place all of the ingredients except milk into your food processor. Pulse a few times, scrape down sides, and pulse a few more times. Keep doing this until your mixture is in small bits.
- While the food processor is going, slowly add in your milk. Add milk little by little, scraping down sides as needed to be sure everything is getting incorporated.
- Once all milk is added, keep the food processor going for 5 minutes or until a smooth and creamy texture is achieved.
Pour over your cooked pasta. Add in more plant milk if you would like the sauce to be thinner in consistency. Stir to combine.
- Rough chop your fresh herbs & sprinkle over the top.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls and top with cherry tomatoes and more vegan parmesan. If you like it spicy, a couple of shakes of red pepper flakes is delicious!
Diane Garvey @thebeetdrop
I love feeding people awesome vegan food. I've been a vegan chef in rest aurants for years in Boston, Chicago and Seattle. Now, I am an plant-based recipe creator and food videographer. I'm stoked to help people make living a vetgan lifestyle easy. Feel free to dm me any questions, I love talking about all things food-related!