Creamy Mushroom and Sage Pasta
This 'creamy' mushroom and sage pasta is a staple dinner of ours. It is so quick and easy to make. Not to mention that it is so flavourful and absolutely packed with nutrients.
We used a gluten free quinoa and amaranth pasta but you can use any pasta you like. To top, we've kept it simple with sprouts, salt, pepper, a sprinkle of vegan hemp seed parmesan and a light drizzle of truffle oil.
- Gluten-free Pasta, 150g (Amaranth/Quinoa Spaghetti)
- Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
- Shallot, 1 pc (chopped)
- Fresh Sage Leaves, 1 handful
- Mushrooms, 150g (sliced)
- Himalayan Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Cheesy Sauce
- Cashews, 1/2 cup (soaked for 2-3 hours)
- Filtered Water, 1/3 cup
- Nutritional Yeast, 1 1/2 tbsp
- Paprika, 1/2 tsp
- Mushroom Blend, 1 tsp
- Himalayan Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Truffle-infused Olive Oil
- Hemp Parmesan
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and saute onion for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add sage leaves and mushrooms. Mix well and reduce heat.
- Whilst mushrooms are on low heat, prepare the cheesy sauce. Combine all ingredient in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add a little more water if necessary or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Stir cheesy sauce through the mushroom mix and then add to cooked pasta.
- Serve with your favourite Coconut Bowls and top with fresh sprouts, hemp parmsesana nd a drizzle of truffle oil (optional).
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.