Creamy Spiced Red Lentil and Carrot Soup
RECIPE BY AMY FROM @nourishing.amy
We all need some hearty, warming and nutritious bowl from time to time. The lovely crispy croutons is a nice contrast of texture to this rich and creamy spiced lentil and carrot soup by @nourishing.amy.
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Onion, 1 (small dice)
- Garlic, 3 cloves (crushed)
- Ginger, 1 inch (peeled and grated)
- Cumin Seeds, 1/2 tsp
- Ground Turmeric, 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
- Ground Nutmeg, 1/4 tsp
- Carrot, 1 (peeled and chopped)
- Parsnip, 1 (peeled and chopped)
- Red Lentils, 70 g
- Miso Paste, 1 tbsp
- Water, 300 ml
- Almond Milk, 300 ml
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Coconut Yogurt, 2 tbsp
- TO SERVE
- Toasted Croutons
- Red Chili Flakes
- Fresh Herbs
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 5-10 minutes until softened. Add in the ginger, cumin, turmeric and nutmeg. Fry for 1 minute or so until really fragrant.
- Add in the chopped carrot, parsnips and red lentils and stir to coat. Pour in the miso paste, water, almond milk, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Transfer the soup to a bowl or blender and puree by hand or with the machine until smooth. Add in more milk or water as necessary to make a thinner consistency.
- Serve warm with a swirl of coconut yoghurt, toasted croutons, red chilli flakes and fresh herbs.
Amy is a plant-based food blogger, recipe developer and content creator who is passionate about health and wellbeing. On her blog and social media channels, she shares vibrant, easy and wholesome vegan recipes as well as inspirational messages. Eating and living the Nourishing Amy way is to be in tune with your body’s natural rhythm, to listen to its cravings and to treat each meal as a special occasion – to nourish you from the inside out.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Shop sustainably and in style with our reusable Taste Without Waste grocery tote bags, market bags and produce bags. Made with organic cotton, making them good for you, your produce and the planet. Ditching plastic and reducing waste has never looked and felt so good.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can rely on our lifetime product guarantee. If after following our care instructions* a Coconut Bowl that you've purchased from us ever cracks or breaks, we'll offer you a replacement for free.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.