Crunchy Kale Chips with Spicy Cashew Sauce
RECIPE BY GIZEM FROM @bonjourbonita
There's so much you can do with a dehydrator. If you have one, you better not pass this one up! This is Kale Chips with Spicy Cashew Sauce by @bonjourbonita. Guaranteed fresh, delicious and crispy without frying and all the unhealthy ingredients.
- KALE CHIPS
- Fresh Kale, 1 big bunch
- SPICY CASHEW SAUCE
- Cashews, 1 cup
- Sunflower Seeds, 1/2 cup
- Water, 1 cup
- Lemon Juice, 2 tbsp (from a fresh lemon)
- Chipotle Pepper, 1 (you can use your kind of favorite spice)
- Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Wash the kale and remove the stems. Then using a salad spinner or dry with kitchen paper. Make sure to dry the kale leaves thoroughly. Transfer the kale to a large bowl.
- For spicy cashew sauce. Put all the ingredients in the blender. stir until a creamy consistency is achieved. Make sure there's no grain in it.
- Add the spicy cashew sauce over the leaves. Preferably join with your hands. Make sure the cabbage leaves come all over the sauce.
- Place parchment papers over your dehydrator trays and place kale leaves on that.
- Dehydrate for one hour at 155F, and then bring down heat to 110F and continue to dehydrate for 10 to 12 hours. After 10 hours, have a taste. If it's crispy enough, it's done. If not, continue for another 2 hours.
- Chips stay fresh and crunchy if stored in an airtight glass container.
Gizem is a digital designer who loves to share the beauty of life and travel. She is passinate about making healthy and delicious food too. She loves plant-based nutrition and she had a lot of culinary training on this.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Shop sustainably and in style with our reusable Taste Without Waste grocery tote bags, market bags and produce bags. Made with organic cotton, making them good for you, your produce and the planet. Ditching plastic and reducing waste has never looked and felt so good.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can rely on our lifetime product guarantee. If after following our care instructions* a Coconut Bowl that you've purchased from us ever cracks or breaks, we'll offer you a replacement for free.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.