Crunchy Portobello Tenders with Tahini Yogurt Sauce
Recipe by LivinLaVeganLife
These Crunchy Portobello Tenders w/ Tahini Yogurt Dipping Sauce is the perfect recipe to add to your list for any gathering with friends.
The crunchiness of the batter and the freshness of the dipping sauce compliments each other, and will have you coming back for more (trust us!). These Crunchy Portobello Tenders are the perfect appetizer and finger food to share with your friends and for any occasion!
Serve these Crunchy Portobello Tenders with your favorite Coconut Bowls for an extra treat!
- Portobello Tenders
- Beer, 1 1/2 cups (or Seltzer Water)
- Flour, 1 1/4 cups
- Cornstarch, 1 tbsp
- Garlic Powder, 1 tsp
- Dried Basil Leaves, 1 tsp
- Dried Parsley Leaves, 1 tsp
- Cumin, 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric, 1/4 tsp
- Cayenne, 1/2 tsp
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Panko Crumbs, 2 cups
- Portobello Mushrooms, 4 pcs
- Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- Vegan Greek Yogurt, 3 tbsp
- Tahini, 2 tbsp
- Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
- Juice of half a lemon
- Fresh Thyme, 1 tbsp
- Preheat pot with cooking oil of choice.
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients for the batter and mix well.
- Once you mix the dry ingredients, add the seltzer water or beer. Mix well.
- On a baking sheet, add your panko bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Wash and cut your portobello mushrooms in strips.
- Coat your mushroom strips in the batter and roll your strips in the bread crumbs.
- Add in hot pot with oil, and fry until golden brown.
- For the Tahini Yogurt Dipping Sauce, add all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Serve these with your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
LivinLaVeganLife creates plant-based recipes. to know more about them, please check them out at the links below.