Edamame and Spirulina Hummus
RECIPE BY ALESSANDRA FROM @COCONUTANDCASHEWS
Did you know that you can make hummus with other peas/legumes? This hummus recipe is made with edamame, which lends a beautiful green colour and a sweet nutty taste.
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame (cooked)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 packet or tsp spirulina
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- green onions
- Add the edamame to your food processor, with water, tahini, olive oil, and sesame oil and puree for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and 1/4 tsp green onions and puree again for 4-5 minutes, or until you get an extra creamy texture.
- Place half of the edamame humus to a bowl. Set aside and refrigerate.
- Add the spirulina to the remaining hummus and blend until well combined.
- Place the spirulina edamame hummus to a bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour to allow the flavours to blend together.
- Serve the two hummus in your favourite Coconut Bowls and top with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and green onions.
ALESSANDRA | @COCONUTANDCASHEWS
Why I transitioned to a plant-based, wholefoods lifestyle and became a Health Coach!
Eating more plants has become my way to show compassion to my own body and share this choice with others. Plants are nutrient power-houses providing us with fiber, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and so much goodness all around. My day to day lifestyle is supported by what I bring into my home, the foods you will find in my fridge, and my pantry, the ingredients I use when baking and and it is all about how it makes me feel.
These living foods, straight out of nature, are healing; they fuel and satisfy my needs.Once I found the motivation to keep on exploring more sustainable ways to live the plant based lifestyle, and especially seeing how it impacted my health, it was a no brainer. I fell in love. It’s about keeping myself accountable. It clearly became a journey, a true commitment. It’s basically a shift of your mindset.
This mindset is the vehicle in supporting others towards a transformational and sustainable healthier living.