Kale Caesar Salad
RECIPE BY KELSI FROM HEALTHY KELSII
The crunchy chickpeas and sourdough greatly compliments the tangy and flavourful caesar dressing. Our Coconut Bowls is also great as a salad bowl so don't be hesitant on serving savoury food in them!
- Chickpeas, 1 400g can (drained and rinsed)
- Paprika, 1 tsp
- Ground Cumin, 1 tsp
- Sourdough Bread, 1 slice (chopped into cubes)
- Kale, 3 cups (chopped)
- a handful of fresh herbs
- Sauerkraut, 3 tbsp
- CAESAR DRESSING
- Vegan Aioli, 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice, 1 tsp
- Maple Syrup, 1 tsp
- Wholegrain Mustard, 1 tsp
- Garlic, 1 clove (crushed)
- Preheat your oven to 400°C or 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Add your chickpeas to the baking tray and coat them with paprika and cumin.
- Place in the oven for around 20-25 minutes until almost crispy.
- Add your sourdough to the oven and toast for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a small bowl, combine all your dressing ingredients and mix well. Set aside until ready to use.
- In your Coconut Bowls, add kale, herbs, chickpeas, sauerkraut and sourdough bread.
- Top with the dressing mix through. Serve and enjoy!
Hello! I’m Kelsi, from Auckland, New Zealand. I have recently completed a bachelor in business. I love to create wholesome recipes and share them as well as photos of my adventures and travels on my instagram account @healthykelsii. My goal is to inspire people to eat more plants and colours from its natural form.