Lentil Squash Curry
Recipe by LivinLaVeganLife
One of our favorite ingredients for soups are LENTILS. There is no doubt about how amazing and versatile lentils soups can be. If you have been following our blog, we already have some delicious lentil inspired recipes for all year around. However, this Lentil Squash Chili has us falling even in more in love with Fall.
The way the lentils’ earthiness and the squash’s sweetness compliment each other makes for a very comforting Lentil Squash Chili recipe that has it ALL. Squash is one of our favorite Fall flavors, so we try to include it as much as we can! It’s sweet and so versatile; throw it in your favorite recipes to make it more fitting for the Fall. What are some of your favorite Fall flavors?
If you need to make this recipe more filling for whatever reason, go ahead and throw in some cooked quinoa. It adds a new texture and will keep you less hungry throughout your day. However, feel free to add rice or whatever other grain you enjoy most. As days get colder, it is always nice to enjoy a warm and filling meal to keep you comforted.
- Onion, 1 large (chopped)
- Garlic Cloves, 2 (minced)
- Lentils, 2 cups
- Vegetable Broth, 3 cups
- Water, 4 cups
- Squash, 3 1/2 cups (diced)
- Corn, 2 cups
- Cumin, 1 tsp
- Turmeric, 1/2 tsp
- Parsley Flakes, 1 tsp
- Dried Basil, 1 tsp
- Tomato Paste, 3 tbsp
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, sauté chopped onions with a drizzle of olive oil.
- After the onions are sautéed, in the same pot, add veggie broth and water with the lentils. Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add corn, cumin, turmeric, parsley flakes, dried basil, and the tomato paste. Mix well, and let it boil for another 10 minutes.
- Add the diced squash, and cook for another 10-15 minutes. Making sure that the squash does not overcook. Add salt/pepper to taste while the squash is cooking.
- Let it cook until a chili-like consistency is achieved (it shouldn’t take too long).
- Enjoy with your favourite Coconut Bowls and Spoons!
LivinLaVeganLife creates plant-based recipes. to know more about them, please check them out at the links below.