Purple Cauliflower Soup
RECIPE BY CHRISTINE OF @conscious_cooking
The purple cauliflower makes such an amazing dish because of its vibrant color. If you want a creamy, healthy and comforting soup, we recommend that you recreate this beautiful soup for supper.
- Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
- Onion, 1 small (thinly sliced)
- Purple Cauliflower, 1 medium-sized (about 1 1/2 lbs, cut into florets)
- Purple Sweet Potato, 1 small (peeled and diced)
- Water, 2-3 cups (divided)
- Raw Cashews, 1 cup (soaked in filtered water for 20 minutes)
- Nutritional Yeast, 2 tbsp
- Sea Salt, 1 tsp
- OPTIONAL GARNISHES
- Purple Radish Slices
- Pickled Cauliflower Florets
- Purple Napa Cabbage Shreds
- Urfa Biber Chili Flakes
- In a large heavy-based stockpot, heat the oil and sauté the onion over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets, sweet potato, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the cashews, discarding the soaking liquid. Add this to the soup along with the nutritional yeast. If it's too thick, blend in ½ -1 cups water, to your desired consistency. Add the salt and return to a low heat for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with pickled purple cauliflower, purple radish slices, purple napa cabbage shreds, and Urfa Biber chili flakes.
Christine Wong is a nutritionist that loves creating and sharing healthy and easy recipes for busy families. She published a cookbook call The Plantiful Plate and she is an editor for The Feed Feed.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Shop sustainably and in style with our reusable Taste Without Waste grocery tote bags, market bags and produce bags. Made with organic cotton, making them good for you, your produce and the planet. Ditching plastic and reducing waste has never looked and felt so good.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can rely on our lifetime product guarantee. If after following our care instructions* a Coconut Bowl that you've purchased from us ever cracks or breaks, we'll offer you a replacement for free.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.