The Best Homemade Hummus
RECIPE BY EAT TRAVEL CLICK
Have you ever made hummus at home before? You'll stop buying store-bought hummus once you've tried this. It is silky smooth, creamy and so flavorful - all the elements of the perfect hummus.
- Chickpeas, 1/2 cup (cooked)
- Lemon Juice, 1/4 cup (freshly squeezed)
- Tahini, 1/4 cup (stir well before measuring)
- Garlic, 2 cloves (minced)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tbsp (plus more for serving)
- Ground Cumin, 1/2 tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Cold Water, 2-3 tbsp
- Paprika, a dash (or sumac, for serving)
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the container then process for 30 seconds more. This extra time helps “whip” or “cream” the tahini, making the hummus smooth and creamy.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended.
- Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and quite smooth; 1 to 2 minutes.
- Most likely the hummus will be too thick or still have tiny bits of chickpea. To fix this, with the food processor turned on, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.
- Taste for salt and adjust as needed. Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of paprika. Store homemade hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.
Eat Travel Click started as a passion towards Raashi's undying love for food and travel. Raashi has travelled to 18 countries and has eaten thousands of dishes from various cuisines and can't wait to explore more. Raashi always felt the need to contribute in a sustainable way and hence started experimenting with vegan dishes since then, you'll find numerous vegan recipes on @eat_travel_click.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Shop sustainably and in style with our reusable Taste Without Waste grocery tote bags, market bags and produce bags. Made with organic cotton, making them good for you, your produce and the planet. Ditching plastic and reducing waste has never looked and felt so good.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can rely on our lifetime product guarantee. If after following our care instructions* a Coconut Bowl that you've purchased from us ever cracks or breaks, we'll offer you a replacement for free.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.