Vegan Potato Salad
RECIPE BY BRONWYN MITCHELL OF PLANTBASED POST
Creamy, dreamy and refreshing, this Vegan Potato Salad is perfect to serve at parties. It's easy to make them in bulk and stores well in the freezer or the fridge. This is also healthier than your normal potato salad because this recipe used cashew cream. Cashew cream is packed with nutrients, healthy fats and flavor. You should definitely try this unique but totally healthy and delicious Vegan Potato Salad.
- POTATO SALAD
- Potatoes, 3 (medium size)
- Spicy Mustard, 2 tbsp
- Salt & Pepper, to taste,
- Fresh Dill, 1 tbsp
- CASHEW CREAM SAUCE
- Cashews, 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice, 2 tbsp
- Water, 5 tbsp
- Avocado, 1/4
- Borsari Food Seasoning, 1 tsp (you can use a mix of salt, herbs and garlic)
- Pierce the potatoes with a knife and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour or until soft.
- In a high speed blender combine all the cashew cream sauce ingredients and blend on high until perfectly smooth.
- Cut potatoes into cubes (about .75 inches x .75 inches x .75 inches but any size will work) & place in a large bowl.
- Add cream sauce and spicy mustard into the bowl of potatoes and mix together. You can also mash about half of the potato cubes to get different textures.
- Add dill and salt and pepper and mix again until evenly incorporated.
- Serve in your Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
Bronwyn loves developing plant-based recipes that everyone will enjoy. She promotes a sustainable and healthy lifestyle in a way that is not intimidating but attainable and fun instead.