Vegetable Rice Paper Rolls
Vegetable rice paper rolls are the ultimate light, fresh and healthy dinner (especially during the warmer months). You can mix up the vegetables depending on what you have on hand, as well as what is seasonally available. We find that pre made vegetable rice paper rolls found in supermarkets are often lacking in flavour and are filled with rice noodles so not overly nutritious. These ones on the other hand, are packed with flavour (the sweet-chilli dipping sauce is something else) and absolutely loaded with nutrients!
- Organic Tofu, 100 g
- Sesame Oil, 1 tbsp
- Tamari, 1 tbsp
- Sesame Seeds, 1 tbsp
- Rice paper Sheets, 10 pcs
- Carrot, 1 pc (grated)
- Beetroot, 1 pc (sliced)
- Avocado, 1 pc (pitted, peeled and sliced)
- Kale Sprouts, 1 cup
- Mint Leaves, 1/2 cup
- SWEET CHILI SAUCE
- Harissa Paste, 1-2 tsp
- Maple Syrup, 1/2 tbsp
- Tamari, 1/2 tbsp
- Sesame Oil, or Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
- Fresh Lemon Juice, 2 tsp
- Firstly, cook tofu in sesame oil and tamari for approximately 3 minutes each side. Coat with sesame seeds and set aside.
- To prepare your sweet chili sauce, simply combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place a rice paper wrapper in warm water for about 10-20 seconds or until soft. Place on a damp tea towel and gently dab to dry.
- In the center, place a small amount of tofu, veggies, avocado, sprouts, herbs and 1 tsp of sweet chili sauce.
- Fold the ends of the rice paper rolls and then roll firmly to enclose the filling.
- Continue with the remaining rice paper wrappers.
- Serve in your Coconut Bowls with the remaining sweet chili sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.